In the modern business world, integration has become a major essential parameter in order to avoid human made error. Fault free business processes are the ultimate resource we aim for increasing our overall efficiency. In order to increase our potentiality in the field of e-commerce, integration of e-commerce with ERP is mandatory.
Ecommerce integration with ERP is the process of interlinking two different platforms in which the enterprise’s e-commerce web store is maintained by an ERP system at the backend. The backend ERP system acts as the accounting and inventory warehouse. The main importance of the integration of e-commerce with ERP system is the automatic updation of each and every detail that takes place within the online store such as sale order, transaction, shipment, etc. Further, the changes in the e-commerce store are updated in the integrated ERP system. Thus the entire workflow is a bidirectional data transfer system. The integration of E-commerce with ERP is more time efficient since we don’t have to maintain separate data base for E-commerce and ERP and also the entire process is error free.
Lazada integration with Odoo
Lazada, a south-east Asian e-commerce company operated across various countries with million users on daily basis rendered our service on integrating their Thailand e-commerce store with Odoo ERP system. The requirement was Odoo e-commerce integration through which they can manage their online store using the Odoo ERP system as their backend system.
Odoo ERP is an all in one management software using which the entire accounting and inventory parameters of the Lazada e-commerce store can be maintained. The main requirements placed by them were to synchronize the data from both Lazada and Odoo on a weekly basis. Further, there must be a bidirectional data transfer system maintained within the Odoo Lazada integration i.e. data transfer from Lazada to Odoo as well as Odoo to Lazada.
The following were the data synchronization process required in Lazada integration with Odoo.
- Product details in the Lazada e-commerce website should be updated in the Odoo ERP system. i.e. if any changes made in the product details, it should be updated in Odoo ERP.
- Sale orders placed by the customers in the Lazada e-commerce website should be synchronized to the Odoo ERP system. Sale order details also include the data of customers and their orders even if it is cancelled. Once the customer orders a product, it will be updated in the Odoo ERP.
- Transactions made in the Lazada online store and their respective details such as preferred payment gateway or other mode of transaction should be synchronized in the Odoo ERP system. Further, individual transactions of a particular order such as shipment transaction, payment fee, etc., should be recorder individually.
- Product quantity present in their inventory (Odoo ERP system acts as the inventory warehouse) should be synchronized with the Lazada online store in order to comprehend both the customers and staffs.
As said earlier, it is a bidirectional data transfer system i.e. the first three requirements are data transfer from Lazada e-commerce store to Odoo ERP system. Whereas the last requirement is the synchronization of data from Odoo ERP to Lazada e-commerce store.
The requirements of the Odoo Lazada integration are met by developing scheduler functionality by using API integration within a single click. The API credentials are configured with respective parameters namely; URL, App Key, App Secret, and Access Token.
The App key and App secret are generated with a validity period of seven days. For every seven days, the App key and App secret code gets expired and new code will be generated.
The scheduler functionality works by means of various buttons corresponding with its respective functionalities. The scheduler functionality automatically process’s the synchronization once in every seven days and the entire data from both Odoo and Lazada gets updated. The user can also manually synchronize the data by selecting the respective functionality buttons provided.
Benefits of Lazada integration with Odoo:
Integration is followed in every industry in order to overcome certain pain points of both in-house teams and customers. The following are some of the benefits of Lazada integration with Odoo.
- The foremost benefit of Odoo e-commerce integration is its time efficiency and improved accuracy. It helps in saving time by reducing the manual entry process and updating the information in the online store which directly improves the accuracy in data management of the ecommerce website and its performance.
- Ensuring the multi-channel experience to the customers in order to increase the sales growth by promoting the special offers in various channels which further enables us in cost cutting.
- Data management: Integration of e-commerce with ERP avail us with real-time data which can be accessed by both customers and in-house teams. Data such as sale orders, shipment details, transactions, etc., are managed in the backend ERP system.
- The above mentioned benefits will automatically lead us to cost effective operations. For example, the provided forecast by the integrated backend ERP system allows you to gain more insight of the purchase which directly assists you in reducing the inventory operational cost.
- Apart from all these benefits, Odoo e-commerce integration allows you to manage and have a better control of your business thus increasing the productivity and customer satisfaction.